Friday, January 18, 2008

Looking over January... thumbs up!

Wow. Okay, wow.

I feel like I should check -- am I the same person? Am I still Grace K? I mean, I know I am... but damn, it's amazing what a difference a few weeks of really living can do for a person.

January has been freaking amazing.

I spent the first week and a half driving up and down the East Coast, visiting new states and staying at random people's houses and playing music and stressing and pissing people off and holy shit was that cool. And then I came back home and wasted a few days before going west to plan a big music festival with a friend. We had a meeting with professionals -- I'm calling it our Administrative Council. It went really, really well. We're dreaming even bigger now. And I'm being a super feminist and planning super feminist plans as well, which is WAY SO SUPERCORE COOL.

I started reading a book [The Basic Eight by Daniel Handler] last night and finished it this morning. Today I made my first little podcast, about that book. I also cooked dinner tonight, for my family. It was simple stuff to do, but I never cook. It felt good to do something for my mom, even though it sucks that we're in this weird situation that we have to take care of her. Not in a I-don't-want-to-take-care-of-my-mom sort of way, but in an I-didn't-think-we'd-reach-this-stage-so-soon. She was crying tonight. I hope they get things sorted soon.

So yeah, I've been full of positive, active energy lately. I have, however, a few epic fails to record. They're like sins against my new life, and I confess them to you now:

1. I spent three days between travels laying on my bed, watching Degrassi marathons. I watched well over 15 episodes. Forgive me.

2. I haven't finished my EP yet. I don't know why. I'm such a slacker sometimes.

3. I was way supercore frustrated on the hour-long Car Ride To Nowhere and let my frustration out more than I should have. I'm sorry.

4. I still have not e-mailed Janice photo numbers. It is mostly because I hate math and a little because I am lazy. I'm very sorry.

5. I haven't called Jason back, and I still have started working on his story. I am a horrible person.

So, five epic fails right now. I'm acknowledging them and moving forward! It is the only direction worth going.

In very good news, I just bought tickets for RENT for myself and one of my true loves to go see the week it closes, and that makes me a very happy camper indeed. Way poor, but way happy.

That's where things stand with me right now. School starts on Tuesday, and I'm going to try to not let my energy take a hit. It could be a good thing. It could. That's as positive as I can get about it right now.

Oh, and I wrote a song about Ginny Weasley as part of my super feminist plans. I love it. It reads as though her relationship with Tom Riddle was like a relationship with an abusive boyfriend. It's amazing. It sings like an Avril Lavigne song. Here's the chorus:

I am stronger now
I have overcome my past
I am no longer the girl with the diary
I will stand up and fight for me
I won't let you push me down
'Cause I know who I am

:)

Stay happy! Stay strong!

No comments: